Buy Just the Cabinet Doors Online
The beauty of your kitchen depends on how well its cabinets hold up. The base cabinets often act as the foundation for the kitchen, and so when your doors start to sag or fade, it might be time for a facelift. Luckily, at CabinetDoorMart, you can buy just the cabinet doors, so that you do not have to replace all of your kitchen cabinets if the boxes are still in good shape.
Just replacing the cabinet doors, also known as refacing them, can be a cost-effective way to give your space a complete makeover. This could mean finding a new style or color for your cabinets, or simply replacing faded or damaged doors with new ones. Either way, it is an easy, budget-friendly way to breathe new life into your kitchen. In today’s blog post, we are going to explore buying just cabinets online.
Know Your Door Style
There are a wide variety of door styles available today. If you are only replacing a few doors but not all, then it is important to match the style. At CabinetDoorMart, we offer a free cabinet door style matching service. Simply submit a few photos of your current door, and one of our cabinetry experts will find your match.
However, if you are replacing all of your doors, you can take your design in whatever direction you would want! This feeling of stylistic freedom and liberty may soon give way to stress when you begin to see how many choices you have. By breaking down your options into 5 stylistic options, then it might be easier to find what you like:
- Flat Panel Doors: Flat panel doors can be great for traditional and transitional aesthetics alike. These doors feature frames of various sizes surrounding a flat, center panel. The way these components come together will depend on the particular style. The most well know flat panel door is the Shaker style, which is a timeless classic that works with dozens of designs.
- Slab Doors: Slab doors are simple, sleek, and easy to clean and style. These are great for creating trendy, modern spaces with seamless cabinetry. In addition, our new Modern Thermofoil series offers a continuous grain pattern as an option for the doors and drawer fronts.
- Raised Panel Doors: Raised panel doors are a staple of classic kitchen design. These doors feature a frame of various sizes surrounding a raised, center panel. These doors are often detailed, which is a feature of their more traditional design. However, new raised panel doors, such as our Eagle cabinet door, are also great in transitional spaces.
- Glass Doors: Also known as mullion and frame-only doors, glass cabinet doors can transform your kitchen to be airier and lighter. In addition, a custom piece of stained glass or clever tile work could turn your glass cabinet doors into the statement piece you have been searching for! Nearly all of our cabinet doors can be ordered for glass.
Customize Your Door
At CabinetDoorMart, many of our cabinet doors can have customized inside and outside edges, as well as custom panels. These options can help you turn “almost” into “perfection.” It is important to note that not all options are available for all door styles.
While our edge and panel can not be changed on our thermofoil doors, they can, however, be routed for a finger pull at either the top or bottom of the door. With the finger pull, you will not have to worry about installing, let alone finding and purchasing, handles and knobs.
Pick A Material
Finally, you need to pick your wood species and finish for your cabinet doors. Note that some doors do not have all of these options. Thermofoil doors are always vinyl laminate on an MDF core. Here are a few of your options:
- Solid Wood: Solid wood cabinetry is the gold standard for durability, longevity, and return on investment. Unsurprisingly, solid wood is also one of the most expensive options depending on the wood species used. Solid wood cabinets can also be painted or stained to stunning effect, particularly for species with pronounced grain patterns.
- Thermofoil: Thermofoil is a vinyl laminate that is heated and pressurized onto a medium-density fiberboard (MDF) core. Since thermofoil is a manufactured material, it is available in a wide variety of colors and textures, including wood grains. Thermofoil cabinet doors also arrive fully finished, so you won’t have to worry about any paint or stain.
- MDF Panel/Paintable Hardwood Frame: Unfinished, or raw, MDF is perfect if you are looking for a door you can prime and paint. MDF is one of the most sought-after building materials right now, and this is because it is both strong and budget-friendly. In addition, if you are looking for larger doors that would normally require battens, you are in luck. MDF does not experience warping or twisting at larger sizes, and so it does not require battens as solid wood would at the same size.
Regardless of the style, material, or finish you choose for your new or replacement cabinet doors, updating your cabinetry will give your space a fresh feel. In addition, most solid wood options tend to increase the value of the home due to their durability and longevity. Alternatively, thermofoil can be a great option for creating a stunningly modern space with the added bonus of not having to paint or stain.
If you are ready to start ordering or if you need assistance, please feel free to call us at 1-844-326-6680 or email@example.com. Our team is here to help with everything from measuring to ordering.