Thermofoil Kitchen Cabinets for Me?
Thermofoil cabinets are a great choice for a wide variety of projects. Thermofoil cabinets are made by heating and pressurizing a vinyl laminate onto an MDF, or medium density-fiberboard, core. Thermofoil cabinets come in a large selection of colors and textures, so finding the perfect fit for your tastes won’t be an issue. Thermofoil is a cost-effective way to get fully finished cabinet doors without having to prime, paint, or stain your doors. Today, many homeowners opt for thermofoil cabinets as they work exceptionally well with modern, updated kitchen designs. In this blog, we are going to take a look at why thermofoil cabinets are gaining popularity.
Thermofoil Cabinet Doors?
Compared to medium-density fibreboard or solid wood cabinets, thermofoil cabinets are constructed in a uniquely different way. Usually, the upper layer that will face outward in your kitchen is printed with a decorative pattern or color. The back of the cabinet door will be in a matching or coordinating color. At CabinetDoorMart, we carry over 50 different thermofoil colors and textures.
Pros & Cons of Thermofoil Kitchen Cabinets
The best way to determine if thermofoil is for you is to make a pros and cons list. For most, taking a good like at the advantages and disadvantages makes buying kitchen cabinetry a lot simpler. However, there are a few drawbacks to thermofoil cabinets that homeowners should be aware of. To help with your decision making, here are the pros and cons for thermofoil kitchen cabinets:
- Cost-Effective: The cost of thermofoil kitchen cabinets can be lower than both solid wood and medium-density fiberboard, making it ideal for budget-conscious homeowners or anyone who loves to change the decor of their home every few years. Thermofoil can also be a great choice for those who rent and don’t want to make a large investment on solid wood.
- Scratch & Stain Resistant: Whether you have young children or are a budding chef, having kitchen cabinets that are both scratch and stain resistant is a must-have! Thermofoil kitchen cabinets can resist scratches caused by heavy objects and stains made by coffee, wine, or even turmeric.
- Low Maintenance: Thermofoil kitchen cabinets are both moisture and heat-resistant, making them easy to clean with any household products and less likely to be damaged throughout their lifetime.
- Durable: Thermofoil cabinets are tough while still looking great in any kitchen. The materials used to create thermofoil are super durable and can resist gradual erosion caused by mechanical, physical, and chemical actions.
- Variety of Color: Our thermofoil line comes in a wide variety of colors and textures. Whether you are looking for something that imitates wood grain or granite, or you are in the market for a trendy color that will pop in your kitchen, thermofoil offers the most customization options when it comes to color. If you are looking for something modern, check out our new line of Modern Thermofoil. It has 10 new designs and 10 trendy colors and textures.
- Not Easy To Repair: If you do get a deep cut and crack on your thermofoil cabinetry, it is irreversible and impossible to repair.
- Heat and Moisture: While Thermofoil cabinets are far more resistant than laminate cabinets have been in the past, it is still important to be mindful of their placement in the kitchen. Areas prone to excessive heat or prolonged moisture can cause issues with thermofoil cabinets, and you may need to install a heat shield to protect them.
Best Thermofoil Finishes For Kitchen Cabinets
From the look and style to the functionality and flow, various types of thermofoil finishes fit different kitchens. To help you make the best decision for your kitchen, here are our favorite finishes and their functionality that you should consider for your kitchen:
- Matte Finish: For a contemporary look, opt for matte finish thermofoil cabinets. A matte finish reflects a moderate amount of light making your kitchen seem lighter and ultimately making it appear bigger. Matte finishes are also more scratch-resistant. Additionally, a matte finish hides dirt and stains well and is easy to maintain.
- Gloss Finish: Brighten up your kitchen with gloss finish thermofoil kitchen cabinets. A gloss finish reflects plenty of light, which in turn will add plenty of light to your kitchen. Gloss finishes are perfect for smaller kitchens as they make the room look bigger than it actually is. On the downside, like all glossy finishes, this type of thermofoil requires frequent cleaning as it shows smudges, scratches, and fingerprints. Avoid a glossy finish if you have young children or pets that often get their hands and paws on your cabinets.
- Textured: If the look and feel of solid wood are not within your budget, opt for a textured design. This type of thermofoil replicates the look and feel of natural materials like wood, stone, and metal just to name a few. Using textured laminates cabinetry in your kitchen adds depth to the overall look and feel of the space. Unfortunately, a disadvantage of this type of thermofoil is that the deep texture is prone to trap dirt and grime. It is also more difficult to clean and maintain than other finishes.
So, Are Thermofoil Cabinets for Me?
After reading this blog, you may still be wondering if thermofoil cabinet doors are the right choice for your project. One of the biggest benefits of choosing Thermofoil for your kitchen is the wide variety of color and texture choices. This means it can be utilized in almost any kitchen to complete the desired aesthetic. In addition to their customization, these doors are also easy to keep clean and looking new. Thermofoil cabinet doors can be the perfect choice for achieving the modern, clean kitchen of your dreams.
If you are ready to order or if you have any questions, feel free to give us a call at 1-844-326-6680 or an email to email@example.com. Our cabinet experts would love to assist you with your project no matter how small or big.